Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Axis Post Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jjohnson333U4
557 Views, 5 Replies

4th Axis Post Help

I'm having an issue getting a 4 axis post set up for my Toshiba BTD-200QH boring mill, Tosnuc 999 control.  I'm not sure exactly what to call this type of positioning, so I'll try to explain how it works.  The machine reads the table position 0 through 359.9999 degrees.  There are no negative values on the readout and it can rotate without hitting a limit.  The program syntax, however uses a negative value to control the direction of travel but its always an absolute value of the table position. 

For example: 

N1 G0 B45.    :moves to B45 in plus direction

N2 B44.         : moves to B44 in plus direction travelling 359 degrees

N1 G0 B45.    :moves to B45 in plus direction

N2 B-44.        : moves to B44 in minus direction travelling 1 degree

Both end in the same place but the former does almost a complete revolution.  For positioning work this won't kill me, but you can just imaging the carnage cutting simultaneous when the program would want to move in a negative direction.

Has anyone seen this on any other machines or have any idea how to get the correct syntax for this rotary motion from the post?  I've used most main stream conrolls and this is the only thing I've seen run like this.  I have seen this output as an option in IMSpost, but I can't find it in fusion.  Any help is greatly appreciated and I will gladly share when its completed.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
engineguy
in reply to: jjohnson333U4

@jjohnson333U4 

What Post Processor are you using ??

Regards

Rob

Message 3 of 6
jjohnson333U4
in reply to: engineguy

I’m using a Fanuc post that I modified. 

Message 4 of 6

@jjohnson333U4 

Could you share your model file and modified post file?

File>Export>.F3d
save the file and reattach the file to this thread. 

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 5 of 6

Here's my test model and post file.

Message 6 of 6

Just talked to an apps engineer who gave me the setting for this control to move B in the shortest direction.  Problem solved.

FYI the Fadal post in the library indexes in the same way as my machine initially ran.  Could be a good starting point for someone who needs it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report