Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Axis Post For Fanuc Kitamura

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bpetersen9BTH4
470 Views, 4 Replies

4th Axis Post For Fanuc Kitamura

Hey everyone,

I've scanned the forums here for an answer to my question but I haven't found exactly what I am looking for.

I need a fanuc Post processor that has all the normal high speed mode settings (G5.1 Q1 R 1-10) as well as the smoothing settings. However I need it to allow B axis movements because my machine is a horizontal.

For the last year I have been using a generic HAAS post which I was able to get to work. However it of course has all the HAAS G-Codes in it which do not work on my machine.

So far today I have been able to take the Fusion 360 generic FANUC post and enable the B axis as the 4th axis. However all it does when I post out my code is home the B axis to 0 as the start of the program and use I,J and K values instead of a simple B rotation. Is anyone available right now to quickly look at my post and help me out?

I hope this is an easy problem to fix.

I have attached the Post Processor I have edited today as well as a simple demo Fusion file, ideally when I post the program in the demo file, It will move B to 0.0 and face the part, then rotate B180.0 and face the other side.

Thanks 

@engineguy @seth.madore 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

At line 394, change this to false:

2023-02-02_13h39_03.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Seth, you are a life savor,

I'm gonna try this post now, ill keep you posted

Message 4 of 5
dablaingc
in reply to: bpetersen9BTH4

Im looking at a Kitamura hmc and I know this is an old post but is the post working for you? I’d be interested to see what all had to be changed to make everything work properly 

Message 5 of 5
bpetersen9BTH4
in reply to: dablaingc

I managed to take the generic FANUC post that Fusion has and change a few settings to get it to work for Kitamura.

It wasnt that complicated. 

If you want i can send you the post i use.

Is the machine youre looking at a Fanuc control or the newer Arumatik control that kitamura uses?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report