Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4TH Axis issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HarrisMarine
216 Views, 2 Replies

4TH Axis issues

Hi all can someone help with 4th axis issues, Attached is a sample that will not work but  even when I post out a cam sample from the machining samples it shows no A Axis in the NC file and will run until it gets to an A Axis move and alarms out and says illegal code. When we cam the sample in Mastercam it works perfectly.

It make no difference what post processor that I use there is no A axis shown in NC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: HarrisMarine

If you were looking for simultaneous 4 axis work, I think that is still in development. I used 3D tool paths with tool orientation referenced to sketch line thru center of one pocket, programmed one pocket then used circular pattern, that results in using A axis as indexer.

Only tool path using A axis in cutting is one that finishes floor. I haven't paid much attention to speeds and feeds, some refinement is needed depending on material.

It posted fine with Haas PP.

2020-05-25 21_31_11-Autodesk Fusion 360.png 

Message 3 of 3
Steinwerks
in reply to: HarrisMarine

As @Anonymous mentioned a pattern here is necessary. The Flow toolpath as configured has 5-axis movements and cannot be performed on a rotary.

I suspect the LinuxCNC post processor you're using is not set up for 4th axis movement and so will not post any A-axis moves. This can tell you how to do so, and whatever you do, save it to your cloud posts and probably a backup somewher else as well: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autodesk-hsm/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-make-a-3-axis-post-processor-from-the-HSM-post-processor-library-support-4-or-5-axis-motion.html

There are a few simultaneous toolpaths but they wouldn't be good options here in my opinion. I have a very, very hacky idea in mind but not sure if it will work yet.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report