Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4+1 Post Processor - Brother Speedio C00 Control

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Chase-Giovannani
111 Views, 2 Replies

4+1 Post Processor - Brother Speedio C00 Control

Hello,

I currently have Fusion 360 and MasterCAM. I am looking to upgrade my Fusion 360 subscription with the machining extension so that I can begin using Fusion 360 as my primary CAD/CAM, but I want to get some things straitened out / answered before making the commitment.

Currently, I have a post for my Brother Speedio S700X2 (C00 Control) that allows 3+2 positioning with a Lyndex Nikken tilting rotary on my machine (MasterCAM). I know that the C00 control is actually capable of 4+1 and I would like to take advantage of that.

If I get the machining extension for Fusion 360, will I be able to use 4+1 with the current Brother Speedio post or will I need to pay for modifications or a new, custom post?

Thank you for the help and I apologize if this is a previous subject.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just tried with the speedio post and it will output 4+1 code.

Just had to select the A,C trunnion option

alaasW8M6T_0-1700587341196.png

You may also need to turn on inverse time and use g68.2

I don't think the brother control supports TCP?

If your trunnion is oriented BC it is pretty easy to adjust the post to change that

Message 3 of 3

Thanks. The brother doesn't have TCP. I program off of the center of rotation of the tilting rotary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report