Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Adaptive: Jagged cutting moves that should be smooth

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eerier_bleach0f
151 Views, 2 Replies

3D Adaptive: Jagged cutting moves that should be smooth

I don't have much to hold onto so I can't have a 3D Adaptive jerking the tool into the stock. I don't know if the tool is actually taking off more than the optimal load I specified in those areas all I know is I'm running these on a Trak so these jagged moves cut into my cycle time and my part came out of the vice. Fun stuff.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 11.15.24 AM.png

I've played with the smoothing tolerance and surface triangulation tolerance and they still persist in these 2 toolpaths:

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 11.16.35 AM.png

I'll be deleting the attached file soon, if you need it lmk.

Autodesk's most dedicated bug reporter: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15188348
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi, I think the uneven adaptive machining toolpath is a consequence of using rest machining, if I remove rest machining it is smooth. Adaptive is a very useful tool path but I think it is too uncontrollable for your needs considering the minimal fixturing you have. I would use 2d pocket instead with stock contour profiles as this gives a near-perfect spiral with a very controllable/constant width of cut. I attached an example, please double check dimensions/cutting data etc. if you decide to use this. Good luck.

Screenshot (355).png

Message 3 of 3

Another example:

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 9.12.26 AM.png

No reason this program still generates wonky toolpaths

Autodesk's most dedicated bug reporter: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15188348

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report