Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

304 Error when using G68 on HAAS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marc7X3XJ
613 Views, 6 Replies

304 Error when using G68 on HAAS

I am working on a fixture pallet in my Haas VF2SS and I keep coming across an error "304 INVALID I, J OR K IN G02 OR G03". At first it was happening with vertical lead ins on the G18 plane so I just eliminated them to get the project done but now I am getting them in the Horizontal operation. This is my first time playing the G68 and I think that is where my problem lies. I had created a simple G68 test program that followed the edges of a vise jaw with a drill chamfer tool and then plunged drills into the mounting holes before I attempted this fixture pallet and that worked perfectly at various angles. Those were simple 2D OPs though. I will include a picture and the code for you to look at. Please let me know if you see anything that I am doing incorrectly and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: marc7X3XJ

Does it not do it when it's in G69 mode?
What post processor are you using and could you perhaps share your file?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
marc7X3XJ

I am using the latest Haas Next Generation Post. I just updated it the other day thinking that could be the problem. The file is attached to my original post above.

Marc

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore

The file attached above is just your NC code. I'd like the actual Fusion file so I can post out the code with a couple different post processors to see if the G17 IJK values remain the same or provide different results

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I deleted probing programs to get plotting going and this came up, this is not in my job description but it looks like you need to cancel G68 before changing plane, is that any clue?

2021-02-19 16_19_07-NCPlot v2.34 - [C__Users_3smok_Downloads_] - [o0330 (1).nc].png

Message 6 of 7
iporter6

It may help to have a read of this.  There is some good info there.  Especially right at the end.

https://www.haascnc.com/service/codes-settings.type=gcode.machine=mill.value=G68.html 

Message 7 of 7
marc7X3XJ

Thanks everyone. I came to the conclusion that it simply does not want to switch planes and that is weird. I think that I would need to hand code a G69 and then change planes and hand code a new G68 if I wanted it to work. The short solution was to set all vertical lead in and outs to zero and now it does what I need it to do. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report