Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Axis post processor milling

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
265 Views, 3 Replies

3 Axis post processor milling

I just started editing my milling fanuc post processor
I am facing few issues

1. Plane is changing fro G17 to G18 in between That should not happen i have 3 axis VMC
  2. currently using pocket,cotour and parallel for operating cavities what should i keep in mind?
  3. unable to get m05 and m01 at the end of final operation.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

You've got 3 questions here:

1) The G17/18 you are seeing is because you've likely left the Lead-in/out to default values. There's a Vertical Lead Radius, and that will put the code into G18 mode and then back to 17 when it starts to cut in the X/Y

2) Are you approaching the cavity in a Xy direction, or are you 3D milling it in the direction that's shown in the image? Share your file please so we have better understanding.

3) Those are some simple post edits. I'll post back in a little bit once I get some other stuff sorted in my shop

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

that worked for me
just 2 more issues

1. adding mo5 and m01 for final operatio
  2. i used nx cam before this it did not have any plunging feed rate option we always kept plunging off,i dont see any option here for keeping plunging off what should i do?

edit: i am using 3d milling
          pocket, contour and parallel operation

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry for the delay in response, this one fell off my radar. I've attached a Fanuc mill post that now has an optional stop and spindle off (m01 and M05) at the end.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report