Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D contorting, feed rate between cuts?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
iboxjw
183 Views, 5 Replies

2D contorting, feed rate between cuts?

Hi All,

Having a bit of confusion on 2D contorting , driving me a bit mad!

I've got a 2D contorting operation, with 36 closed chains selected. I've got a very low feed rate set as using a very small mill (0.2mm). 

The issue is, no matter what I change, it always does all the non cutting moves (moves between chains) at the cutting feed rate.  

I thought transition feed rate would be the right setting, but that doesn't seem to change anything in my situation.

So if I have one chain on the other side of the stock, it CRAWLS over to it. Is there any way to set the speed of feed rate between each chain?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: iboxjw

In a quick test, it does appear to me that Transition feedrate is working correctly. 

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
iboxjw
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi

Sure thing,

Just a bit more info,

I found the tool path viewer, and that does show the correct information, but in the GBRL output, its missing the change in feed rate.

Rapid retracts are correct, but not the movements between

iboxjw_0-1700569209014.png

** EDIT ** Highlighted the wrong line, but still show's what i mean

Message 4 of 6
iboxjw

Attached f3d file and gbrl output.

thanks for the help and fast reply!

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: iboxjw

Oh, this is a result of using a Personal License. All rapid moves are going to be posted out as cutting feedrate moves. In this case, the Transition Feedrate has no effect (and it even wouldn't have an effect if you were on a Commercial account)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
iboxjw

ah ok!

Great, thank you for your help.  Good to know at least I'm not just missing a setting or something. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report