Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Chamfer Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
timWNK2X
239 Views, 3 Replies

2D Chamfer Issue

Getting a weird tool path on this chamfer.  The ID and OD work fine, but it doesn't like the outside of the pocket.  I cannot figure this out.  Anybody have a clue what is going on here?

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LibertyMachine
in reply to: timWNK2X

I dunno, I think it looks kinda cool 😉

This is a known bug that has been around for quite some time. If you open up your "Tolerance" (4th tab, at the top) to around .0045", it goes away. Now normally, I wouldn't suggest running that large of a tolerance, but since it is just a deburring pass, I feel comfortable suggesting it

@jeff.pek, why does this issue still exist? I know it's been a bug going back AT LEAST 3 years now between HSM and Fusion. Has an actual cuase not been found, or is it a matter of priority?

2018-03-09_10h57_41.png

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 4
timWNK2X
in reply to: LibertyMachine

LibertyMachine,

That worked!.  Never would have thought to blow out the tolerance.  Glad it's software side and not me.  

Tim

Message 4 of 4
LibertyMachine
in reply to: timWNK2X

Yeah, usually it works when you open it up to .001 or .002, this is the first time I've seen it have to go that large

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report