Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d adaptive clearing of dovetails problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nickenglish8
260 Views, 3 Replies

2d adaptive clearing of dovetails problem

Hello all.  I am trying to manufacture the attached dovetail cut with 2d adaptive clearing.  I would like to use the adaptive clearing so I can control the amount of stock that is being taken out with each pass.  I can make the cut with the contour function, but this doesn't allow me to control the amount being taken out.  

So, is there something I can do to extent the tool path so that the retraction of the tool doesn't cause a collision?  I would appreciate any help!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: nickenglish8

Can you share your file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

One note; if you're working in metals, you may be disappointed by the cutting ability of a dovetail cutter combined with an Adaptive toolpath. They really aren't designed for that level of machining....

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
nickenglish8
in reply to: seth.madore

I am machining it out of wood.  I hope I attached the file correctly this time. Thanks for the reply.

P.S.  I guess I should explain since I attached the file.  I know that I have a contour and pocket in the manufactured tab.  I was just playing around with that.  My goal is to be able to cut the dovetails with the one bit utilizing adaptive clearing so that I do not have to change bits....

Message 4 of 4
nickenglish8
in reply to: seth.madore

The only way I can figure out how to do it is not right.  "In my real world application" the thickness of my board is .875.  I can extrude the model to a larger size (2") and run the 2d adaptive and although it shows a tool collision, in the simulation; the tool would have actually already cleared my .875 board..... There has to be a better way though....  Thanks for any insight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report