Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D adaptive clearing not clearing...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rockaukum
768 Views, 6 Replies

2D adaptive clearing not clearing...

Hello,

I have been pulling my hair out over this (and I don't have much left).  When I do an adaptive clearing as a first operation with 1/4" EM I review the operation and all looks great.  I even slow down the playback and watch the Z depth.  However when I go to cut, It enters with a helical then starts the cut, the helical does not go to the full depth and appears to continue to ramp down to the final depth.  As a work around I have continued on with a pocket operation to watch the machine air cut until it meets up with the helical portion that did not cut.  I have used adaptive before (in wood, this is AL) with out issue.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If more information is necessary, I will try to provide...

Also, why is it that when I try to post process a project I need to do it twice?  I click the link to post and enter a name and hit okay, only the okay button is muted.  I cancel out and repeat and all works the second time.  Strange...

Thanks much,

rockaukum

https://a360.co/2KNIj6x

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
daniel_lyall
in reply to: rockaukum

A few basics you need to set the WCS and the model in the setup for fusion to at least know what to cut.

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 7.44.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 7.55.38 PM.png

I have done some other changes to the tool paths for your review(use at own risk) the model is attached.

I have removed some tool paths what were your fixies have a look at what is left for the changes made the very last toolpath I change to what I do it makes it a lot easier on the cutter how I do it as it is a constant load on the cutter.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
rockaukum
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and for the reply.

What did you do int he WCS that was different?  I am fairly certain that I had set the WCS to the stock box position with Z arrow up.  It looks like maybe you have identified a selection.  If so, would you mind elaborating a little?  I'll review the tool paths this evening as I am out of town for a few days.

Again, Thanks for the help!

Rockaukum

Message 4 of 7
daniel_lyall

The first pick is from your file before I set the WCS the X is around the wrong way in the second pic clicking on flip X axis fix's that.

You have two bodies in your file that is what I selected for the model selection you have to select what you want to cut in the cam setup otherwise bad stuff can and will happen.

The two bodies should really be combined into one using the combine tool.

You set the depths using maximum roughing stepdown and fine stepdown in the adaptive toolpath you had it set to go full depth, the pocket toolpath it is multiple depths.

The why I did what I did in the setup, Fusion is a 3D cad program you have to let it know what you want it to cut for all the avoidance stuff to work in the tool paths if a model is not selected the cutter can just go flying through the model the only thing it knows is where the toolpath is not the material you can get away with it but one day you will get caught and have a bad crash. 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 7
rockaukum

Thanks for the information. I gave it a go today. The first op is adaptive. Here is how it cut...  It did not go full depth on the helix, then continued on down to the final depth via a ramp (?) Move. Very confused with this. 

Message 6 of 7
daniel_lyall

That is strange I have gone back over it to double check it looks ok I changed the depth for the adaptive toolpath and it does what it should do.

Just have a look through the model and check all the settings, I joined the two body's together as well.

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 7
rockaukum

yep,

I ran the simulation and watched the depth numbers as it was running (simulation) and it certainly looks good.  Interesting to note that when the cutter pulls out and repositions it holds true with the zero setting and such so I believe it is not missing steps.  I'll try joining the two bodies to see if that makes any difference.

One more strange item is happening as well, regardless of what I am generating code for.  when I click on the "post process" tab, the window opens just fine but the "okay" button is greyed out.  I need to cancel it every time and reopen in so I can save the code.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Rockaukum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report