cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Views - Custom Filter at Runtime

Workspace Views - Custom Filter at Runtime

I realize this might seem redundant with the ability to set criteria and have multiple views of workspace records available in the drop down, you would think that eventually for a given workspace you will have all possible groups defined.

However I find that due to how we have set up certain workspaces we need to be able to filter the records by the value in a specific field and cannot preset what value we want to filter by. The field doesn't change but the content is and we need to group by similar values

It would help if in the view editor we had the same ability like in defining filters for reports - edit at run time that would prompt the user for a value

I realize you can get this same list by using the search feature but when you need to transition or edit a group of records all with the same target value it is harder to work back and forth from a search list than a view list. That functionality would be more user friendly than having the user edit their view definitions to update the field value to filter by.

BD

3 Comments
gasevsm
Alumni
Very nice, I support this; our intention of collection view mgmt capability in the new UI we are working on is to do in-place direct filtering on columns. I believe we discussed as you add filters on columns they would act in AND logic whereas as you add multiple values as filters from a single column, they would act as OR logic between each other. At least this was the most recent thinking. This would allow to easily select and change to value of your choosing and if wish so, persist those settings as another view.
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report