cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure robot simulating

Pure robot simulating

Hello Lads

Isn't it time for Autodesk to get into simulating business? I meant like, "full body contact" get into...

Since simulating business is kind of broad, let me explain a bit more what I would like to see.

When i talk abut simulating i mean raw power, body's with muscle made out of steel, in speed faster then mind, with precision, making Chuck Norris crying like a child. And all this in a market, expanding faster then ever right now.

Of cause i talk about industrial robot and process simulating. Almost all manufacturing industries want to make there processes automated. Making it a h**l of a time kind of fun/interesting to experience for us robot simulator/programmers.

With all the tools Autodesk posse now, it can't be hard to develop something way beyond the tools on the market right now.

And i must say, almost all of Autodesk's competitor is either on the market with their software OR have started to look in that direction at least.

What i have seen ( as a user of this kind of software) is a simulating software market with maybe 10-15 different actors. And maybe, 2 or 3 of them is all right... not GOOD, but al right. And ALL if them is missing something. 

If it is not a software developed to just be able to handle ONE kind of robot brand, they lack knowledge of 3D modeling OR thy miss the possibility to add kinematics to dead 3D models and so it goes on and on with ALL of them.

And the biggest issue is, they have not realized something Autodesk figured out long time ago.

IF they make the software to expensive to company's and inaccessible to students they will miss the opportunity of a potential customer.

You know, i have gone trough the market of software, and the pricing is horrible. Ending up, for a smaller company like mine, loosing my affairs to bigger automation company's witch can afford licenses of 20 000 - 120 000 € / year / license. Most of the customer demands simulating data, but not only that. To simulate an automation is way more effective then "trial and error" with physical, real robots like we do today.

I have seen automations built halfway to be teared down again, someone realized we could not reach all the way with the robot as planned.

The result of this will result in having only the big company's left, but no one know how to simulate since the license were to expensive during school time.

Who will buy all the licenses then, one can wonder?

Sorry for the long post, here comes "final pleading" at least.

Help us, Obi Wan Autodesk. You're our only hope.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report