cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter options on paragraph and multi-select picklist fields in reports

Filter options on paragraph and multi-select picklist fields in reports

The filter options provided for paragraph and multi-select picklist fields (there may be other fields which fall into this bucket) in reports are Contains, Starts With, Ends With, Does Not Contain and Is. The challenge here is how can I configure/build a report looking for items with either of those fields populated (are NOT NULL)? Request you to add Is Blank or IS NULL and IS NOT NULL filter options on the fields of these type.

2 Comments
mpasumarti
Advocate

This idea is in GATHERING SUPPORT state for long time and I don't see any activity on this thread. Could you please provide if this request has made into your product road map to be implemented? If yes, may I know the timeline of its implementation?

Thanks,

Madhav

john.denner
Advocate

Hey @mpasumarti 🙂

I think one trick you can try is use the Is but keep the filter value empty. I know that will filter out empty paragraph fields. Not ideal but maybe something you can use. However, as you mentioned, you can't do the opposite. Using Does Not Contain with a blank filter value just seems to return nothing.

That all being said, I'm definitely on board with getting some options for Is Blank (or null) and Is Not Blank (or null).

Denner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report