Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Issues with Advanced Print View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
265 Views, 2 Replies

Scripting Issues with Advanced Print View

Workspace A spawns 3 items in workspace B.

When a change is made to workspace A, a closed loop transition "amendment" can be ran which has a script actioning a workflow transition in each of the items in workspace B.

This transition in workspace B copies over selected data from workspace A, and then emails a contact with an advanced print view of the item.

The problem I'm having is that none of the data is copied over from workspace A, if the Advanced print view is used in the email. The email however is sent with the old information.

If I replace the advanced print view of the email with "test", the script DOES update workspace B AND sends the email with the updated information.

so basically:

script works as intended WITHOUT advanced print view as email.body. 

script only does the emailing part of the script WITH advanced print view as email.bod

Anyone got a solution to this?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tony.mandatori
in reply to: Anonymous

That does sound strange.

It sounds like the script in B is responsible for doing the copy and the sending of the email.  Can you modify the script in workspace A to copy some data earlier?

So before the script in A spawns the transition in Workspace B, copy the data over from A (as part of the script in Workspace A) - then the script in workspace B only has to send the email.

It's not a fix, just a workaround at best.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tony.mandatori

What you suggested has worked, thanks!

Gets a bit lairy as I've a for loop in a for loop referencing a matrix from a matrix.

Yeah...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report