Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Math Functions in Advanced Print

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jahanzeb.Sohail
631 Views, 2 Replies

Math Functions in Advanced Print

I am currently working on a purchase order form in the Advanced Print Views option of my Purcahse Order workspace. It uses the BOM tab and the Grid Tab to list items to purchase. I had a few questions on how I could get the following acomplished:

1 - How to show the "Aggregation Title" from the Grid Tab (which is a total from that tab) on the print view.

2 - How to add the total floats from the BOM and the Grid Tab on the advanced print view.

3 - Lastly, how to multiply the total of both to a sales tax (5-13%) and show the total of everything as a grand total.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am struggling with the same. Has this been responded to somewhere else?

Message 3 of 3

Try this. You can google for Velocity Macro for more info. Note this is NOT javascript.

Note in the code below, Velocity likes {these} around variables, but it is not required. I have been careless in providing these.

There may be a better way to do this, but when I first added the Quantity column, I had something like this:

$sumQty = ${sumQty} + ${grid.QUANTITY.value}

My problem was that the value is treated as a string, so the "+" was joining the strings together.

The result of adding 2, 3 and 4, ... was "234".

The reason you can see in my example I multiple by 1 each time, is to force it to consider this as a number, and therefore to use numeric addition, rather than string concatenation.

If someone has a better way, please say.

Also note that when you google for Velocity Macros, there is use of MathTool, which is basically a java library that a developer can add into the Velocity context when the (APV) template and the data hashtables are merged.

This gives you more functionality in the templates.

I have not tried to use this, because I don't know if Autodesk have injected any extension libraries into the context or not. And, if they have, whether they would be there forever. So I did not use these in this example.

However, you can see that you can do some basic maths, but anything more than this would be perhaps a little challenging.  

If Autodesk are watching, the extension mechanism is a great way to pass functionality into a template, you could provide us helpful methods like createLink(item), or $relatedItem = loadRelatedItem(${item.SOME_PICKLIST}), loadRelatedItemGrid(...) - you get the idea.

apv1.jpg

APV code:

<div class="grid">
<table border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
	<th class="header" colspan="5">${workspace.metadata.grid.title.value}</th>
</tr>
<tr>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black;">${workspace.metadata.grid.fields.rowID.title}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black;">${workspace.metadata.grid.fields.FRUIT.title}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black;">${workspace.metadata.grid.fields.QUANTITY.title}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black;">${workspace.metadata.grid.fields.PRICE.title}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black;">Quantity X Price</th>
</tr>
<!-- #set( $grandTotal = 0 ) -->
<!-- #set( $sumQty = 0 ) -->
<!-- #set( $sumPrice = 0 ) -->
<!-- #set( $ct = 0 ) -->

<!-- #foreach( $grid in $item.grid.rows ) -->

<!-- #set( $subtotal = ${grid.PRICE.value} * ${grid.QUANTITY.value} ) -->
	<!-- #set( $grandTotal = $grandTotal + $subtotal ) -->
	<!-- #set( $sumQty = ${sumQty}*1 + ${grid.QUANTITY.value}*1 ) -->
	<!-- #set( $sumPrice = $sumPrice*1 + ${grid.PRICE.value}*1 ) -->
	<!-- #set( $ct = $ct + 1 ) -->
	<tr>
		<td style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">${grid.rowID.value}</td>
		<td style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: left">${grid.FRUIT.value}</td>
		<td style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">${grid.QUANTITY.value}</td>
		<td style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">${grid.PRICE.value}</td>
		<td style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">${subtotal}</td>
	</tr>
<!-- #end --></tbody>

<!-- #set( $avgPrice = ${sumPrice} / $ct ) -->
<tr>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">&nbsp;</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">&nbsp;</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">Sum: ${sumQty}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">Avg: ${avgPrice}</th>
	<th style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: right">Grand Total: ${grandTotal}</th>
</tr>

</table>
</div>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report