Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Folder Permission problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rhaworth
163 Views, 3 Replies

Student Folder Permission problem

Hi everyone,

I screwed up somewhere.  I created a Team for my course.  I have a Project folder for each class.  Within that project folder I have an Assignments folder which should have Reader access for all students.  I also have a project folder called Students.  Within that is a folder for each student.  They should each have Editor access to their own folders.  However, they also all have Reader access to everyone else's folder!  I can't seem to get rid of their reader access; all I can do is demote them to View, but that isn't quite good enough.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: rhaworth

Hi @rhaworth 

Thanks for posting your question. The issue may because the students were assigned a Role in a parent folder. Subfolders inherit the Role from the parent folder. Below is an example of how to setup the class with Folders and Roles.

danbanach_0-1693335485097.png

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
rhaworth
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks Dan,

So now I have students saving work into their folders.  Is there a way that I can remove the roles from the Students project folder?

Thanks,

Rob

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: rhaworth

Hi @rhaworth 

Great question. Please try the following steps.

1. In your Fusion Team, make the desired folder active and confirm on the top row (I refer to these as breadcrumbs)
  2. Make the Folder Permissions tab active.
  3. From the list of members, check the students whose Role you  want to remove.
  4. On the bottom-right corner of the screen, click Remove role. 

danbanach_1-1693340235218.png

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report