Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Solid with surface problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
simonwjsawyer
192 Views, 3 Replies

Splitting Solid with surface problems

Hello, 

I'm relatively new to this kind of modelling, and am having some issues trying to split a body with a lofted surface I've made. 

I'm trying to make a seat as depression, and have lofted a surface to create what I'm after. (see attached screenshot) However when I come to split the body of the seat with the lofted surface I get an error saying "Compute failed: no intersection between target and split tool"

I'm not wholly sure what I'm missing here, I've tried looking on line but haven't found anything too helpful. I'm aware I could be doing something stupid, and maybe approaching it in the wrong way, but I don't really know what to search for so am a bit stumped at the moment! 

any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a link to the model. https://a360.co/3G713rO 

Thanks in advance

Simon 🙂

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

oops wrong forum 🙄🤣

Message 3 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: simonwjsawyer

Hi @simonwjsawyer 

The surface may be a little shorter than the solid you're trying to split. Have you tried to extend the surface so it goes beyond the solid that you're trying to split? The tool can be found on the Surface menu > Modify panel > Extend.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 4 of 4
simonwjsawyer
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,

Thank you thats great! so simple but it baffled me for ages 🙄🤣

Best

Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report