Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SheerID Verification Process

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
j.bowenR2RXN
372 Views, 5 Replies

SheerID Verification Process

Since this introduction, its just another hoop to jump through. 

Maybe a good idea at the start, but they can not deal with the amount of people requiring access with in the approx 7 days. Contacted them a few times now to chase up verification for the institute, but get the same story......

Come on SheerID and Autodesk, something needs fixed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
o.briggs
in reply to: j.bowenR2RXN

Hi @j.bowenR2RXN 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues, I know how frustrating it can be when things don't work in the same way you had hoped. 

Firstly, lets get to the bottom of your verification issues and see if there is anything we can do to help. Could you explain exactly what issue you are having? As I understand it, you have applied for verification but have not heard back from them in 7 days? 

With regards to improvement, we are always looking at the ways to make improvements so your feedback is incredibly valuable. Again, if you could let us know exactly what issues you are facing, it gives us a better idea of how the process might be improved. 

Thanks in advance, 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 6
j.bowenR2RXN
in reply to: o.briggs

We are using Inventor but are looking at moving to Fusion 360 as other schools in our area are currently using it ( and are on the verification list).

I have chased up SheerID twice ( was 1 month ago when I initially conttacted them) but just get the 'I have added you to the other list' answer.

School is Carnoustie High School
web:- Carnoustie High School<>

Carnoustie High School<>
The official website of High School, Angus, Scotland. We also use Twitter and the school app to provide you with information about what has been happening within the school and to publicise forthcoming events.
www.carnoustiehigh.angus.sch.uk

Message 4 of 6
o.briggs

Ok, thanks for the details. 

Let me run you though some information to see if it will help

Autodesk Educational Access is not product specific. What this means is that any student with Educational Access for Inventor, will automatically have Access to Fusion 360. However, they may have to get a license from the Autodesk Education website. Educational Access is an annual verification process and once completed allows you to download and use all available products on the educational website. 

With regards to contacting SheerID, there are not many instances where direct contact (without going through Autodesk) with sheerID is necessary. If you or your students still need to be verified, this will need to be done through Autodesk and the Education website, not directly through SheerID. 

So a couple more questions to understand how to help: 
1. do you and your students currently have educational access? ie have you completed the form, uploaded documents and are currently able to use Inventor as an educational user?  

2. Is Fusion 360 currently downloaded on your school computers? 
3. How far have you got in trying to download/ use fusion 360 and what issues have you run into in this process? 

Many thanks, 

Oliver Briggs

Message 5 of 6
j.bowenR2RXN
in reply to: o.briggs

1. The only thing I can access is inventor, as that is on our educational account which was before Sheerid was involved.
2. Fusion is not installed.
3. The school needs to be on the verification list to allow me to go into the download area as an educator or administrator.
Message 6 of 6
o.briggs

@j.bowenR2RXN 
It seems that you may be on an older system as access to products in the way you are describing was phased out a few years ago as far as I am aware. 
Moving forward you will need to use the verification system on the Autodesk Education website. 

In order to do that, I understand now that your school is not on the list. Unfortunately, for this issue you will need to contact the education support team, who will be able to help get your school on the list! 

You can reach out to them from this link to explain the issue: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support

After you have been added to the list, you and your students will be able to complete the verification process on the education website to get access to Fusion 360 (and Inventor!)

Oliver Briggs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report