Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't this sketch solve?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
i-make-robots
119 Views, 1 Reply

Why won't this sketch solve?

https://a360.co/3x83B8w

I'm building a model of some outward facing GT2 timing belt.  I used equations that use the number of teeth and the pitch to calculate the circumference and diameter.  Everything is then built on top of that.  I expected that I should be able to change the number of teeth and everything would update painlessly.  What I don't understand is why it refuses to solve.  Unfortunately the message is so generic as to give no hint.

I have tried removing the diameter dimension, after which I can manually resize the design.  If I re-apply the dimension, the sketch stays where it is and I get a failure message.  So the mystery deepens - if I'm allowed to do it, why won't the app set the diameter to my calculated value?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You model link does not have the ability to download.  Please attach it to your Forum post. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report