Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not update workflows

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mail.to.chm
164 Views, 2 Replies

Why not update workflows

Hi, I’m not sure that this is to post this, but first off let me say how amazing 360 is for me as a retired person with a cnc machine. But, big but having managed a Cad department I couldn’t recommend 360. There some such simple workflow issues that are time consuming in 360. For example drawing a circle. If I draw a number of circles that are all the same dimension I have 2 options, either dimension one and use the equal constant or dimension each circle. This may not be a problem with one or 2 circles but 5, 10 ,20 or more its a lot of clicking, why can’t there be an option, or even a default to the last entered dimension with an option to apply the equal constraint. 
There are other elements that this logic could be applies to. With Autodesk portfolio of cad I find it staggering that such simple elements of workflow optimisation are missing. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Please post a concrete example.

What CAD software was used in the department you managed?

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: mail.to.chm

If the circles (or their solid results) are all truly equal and will remain that way, and depending on how those 5, 10, 20 circles are laid out, it is possible that a pattern (either a sketch pattern, but be careful - large sketch patterns are slow, or a feature pattern) can get you what you want.

Alternatively, defining a user parameter with the circle diameter and using that parameter when creating the circles is quite easy, IMO.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report