Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is "press pull" not working on half of this circle?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chad711
1007 Views, 3 Replies

Why is "press pull" not working on half of this circle?

New to 3D modeling so still learning and caught on this one. This 3D model is not mine. I found the model online for 3D printing. I was adjusting some things before I printed but when I sketch a circle to extrude/press pull only half of it actually shows pressed. I have both halves of the circle selected too and when I do the press it looks like it works but the results look different. See attached

If you look on the opposite end you'll see a rectangle cut out I did that worked fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: chad711

The two faces on the circle end are not on the same plane. You can either do a two direction extrude or delete the lower right triangular face.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
chad711
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you. Is there a indication I can look for that would have shown me it's not on same plane? I deleted it. Not sure why it was there actually.

Message 4 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: chad711

The clue was the thin piece left in the circle after extruding.  I don't know of a good way to ensure the faces are coplanar.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report