Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so easy to drag things by accident?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
t_chapman6XJ7J
280 Views, 5 Replies

Why is it so easy to drag things by accident?

This makes no sense at all that you can drag a part by clicking on it and moving it.  This should NOT require you anchor every component.  Then to actually move it with intention you have to unanchor it.  This should be fixed! 

You should only be allowed to move a part if you have clicked MOVE and selected the part you want to move. 

Why why why does Autodesk allow this to continue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@t_chapman6XJ7J wrote:

This makes no sense at all that you can drag a part by clicking on it and moving it. 

You can turn that off, though I rarely do:

TrippyLighting_0-1723553971028.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Pin your first component and then use Joints to position your other components in relation to each other.  This will not only stop your accidental dragging but will eliminate the need for the Move command.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 6

@jhackney1972 I'd promote using Ground to Parent over Pin, and the rest of your statement stands.

hope this helps,

Jamie Gilchrist
Senior Principal Experience Designer
Message 5 of 6

Finally solved this insanity!  Thanks for this trick.  Why should not need pinning, anchoring etc .    you should never be allowed to accidentally drag a part.  Hours of lost time trying to put parts back. 

Message 6 of 6

@t_chapman6XJ7J wrote:... Hours of lost time trying to put parts back. 

when ever a component(s) has been dragged out of position, these 2 options show up in the upper right corner.  clicking on "revert position" puts everything back in place automatically.

laughingcreek_0-1723590198222.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report