Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I chamfer this edge?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
i-make-robots
761 Views, 4 Replies

Why can't I chamfer this edge?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444585396

I streamed the CAM setup to create softjaws for a gear, the milling of the gear, then milling the reverse. 

The exterior of the gear has a chamfer that keeps coming out as "no path".  Starting around 1:07, I tried every way I could think of to chamfer the edge and did not succeed.

I'm also concerned about the "cannot plunge outside stock" warning. (~1:01) Should I be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Really if you want help with this export your f3d file and attach. I clicked the link you provided and just got a Starting Soon for a while so closed the page , don't have time to waste on that.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

@HughesTooling wrote:

Really if you want help with this export your f3d file and attach. I clicked the link you provided and just got a Starting Soon for a while so closed the page , don't have time to waste on that.

Mark

And maybe use the free Autodesk Screencast tool so we don't have to  suffer through advertising!

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

I listed the time stamps where the issue is shown in the OP.  They start at about 1h7m.

Message 5 of 5

Chamfer is really designed to work from a sharp edge, so don't model the chamfer. You can workaround this if you select the outer edge of the chamfer then select to top face of the part as the bottom depth. See screencast.

If you simulate and check the comparison you can see your chamfers are cutting into the model.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report