Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my renders fuzzy and rounded?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
364 Views, 2 Replies

Why are my renders fuzzy and rounded?

This is my first time using fusion 360 so apologies if I have missed something obvious.

I have created a rough model which I would now like to render to see how it looks but I can't seem to get any of the details. I have played around with the material and all the available lighting settings but they all come out blurry with rounded edges. In particular the buttons on the spine of the product. As you can see before rendering, these buttons stick out at right angles...Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 13.57.56.png2nd blue.png

Any help would be appreciated

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barry9UDQ6
in reply to: Anonymous

Fusion 360 renderer is trying to replicate real-world lighting conditions, so your model will always come out looking smoother, which is (usually) a good thing.

In your case I think 2 things will help you:

Having scene lighting that has 1 concentrated light source coming from 1 direction that will enhance the bumps.

Having a lower intensity of light in your overall scene (more contrast) will increase the 3d effect.

I have found that having a single object on an infinite plane is always difficult to get sharp. What I do, and this is purely my own preference, is to model in a wall at the back, with not too much distance between the foreground object and the wall. And then fillet it with your floor so you don't get a hard edge in the background.

Rendering works by calculating how light rays bounce around, to and fro the different objects in your scene. Hence 1 object in space always seems to be a struggle.

Message 3 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks to me like you used a "translucent" material. If you use an opaque material without translucency, do you see the same ?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report