Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this red dot mean?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Rosie_roses
1694 Views, 8 Replies

What does this red dot mean?

I made a really simple sketch, and I'm getting this red dot. I looked at other posts that seem to suggest this is a projected bit of geometry (not entirly sure what that means) But I'm guessing it means its on another plane, where this is all just flat simple lines. 

Any way to clear up my confusion in fusion? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Pg 63

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11JxN3XLyVWVTwCPbGEFvPc9nE6kiqCvUTo84CpIIL5s/edit

Projected Geometry (in this case the Origin).

BTW - if you are using a Windows machine you can use the built-in Windows Snipping tool to capture just the important area of the screen in question 

and

you can embed your images directly here simply by clicking Photos glyph above.

Projected Origin.PNG

Message 3 of 9

Hi, 
it seems that it is indeed a projection of the origin into your sketch. It has a pink color tone. But I cannot delete it. that's strange. Can you delete it?

Dean

Message 4 of 9

So is the origin point always projected geometry? 

Message 5 of 9

Why would you want to delete it?

The BORN Technique.

Message 6 of 9
Rosie_roses
in reply to: Rosie_roses

Thanks for windows snipping tip!

Message 7 of 9

Well, I've tried to delete it but it cannot be deleted. I tried because every projected geometry can be deleted if needed.

Message 8 of 9

I tried deleting it too, because I assumed that as it was red, that meant that I had done something wrong. But it won't delete, and I assume it does not need to be deleted. 

Message 9 of 9

@Rosie_roses wrote:

I tried deleting it too, because I assumed that as it was red, that meant that I had done something wrong. .... 

I guess they should have picked a color that was not so close to red.  I can see where that might concern the user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report