Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM - 3d adaptive is ignoring rest machining request?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mailZWX5Y
462 Views, 2 Replies

CAM - 3d adaptive is ignoring rest machining request?

I have a simple test project that is not going how i wanted:)

It has three cam processes - a 1st pass with a large tool to clear away bulk, then a second pass with an intermediate tool using rest machining to clear the corners left by 1st pass, then a final pass with a small tool to clean up the waste left by tool 2.

The last pass however is ignoring my request for rest machining and doing the whole surface, which even on a small part with a 1.5mm tool takes hours and is a total waste.

Any reason it would ignore rest machining??

I dont know how to share the project but if someone lets me know i will do it if it helps 🙂 I did get a project link - maybe thats all thats needed?

http://a360.co/2BUpBRK

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daniel_lyall
in reply to: mailZWX5Y

It's the torencies and smoothing settings, setting the torenices to .001 on all toolpaths plus what smoothing defaults to it works as it should.

You also did not have the WCS set correctly in the setup you need to set the Z and X.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
mailZWX5Y
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thanks, 

Not selecting the WCS & path correctly was a big part of my issue, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report