Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewports on mac

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
621 Views, 9 Replies

Viewports on mac

Hi I'm using fusion 360 on Mac Pro 

i can toggle 4 viewports on and off, but cannot resize..any help welcome

frank

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
anandjoshi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Frank,

You can resize viewports. Switch to four viewports mode and drag the middle gray separator line/s and viewports will be resized.

Please refer attached screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: anandjoshi

Hi your colleague has already confirmed this is a bug.

You can only do this on a blank template the open existing design. it does not work on a mac if you open an existing design directly

Message 4 of 10
anandjoshi

Yes, this looks like a bug. Thanks !

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

hi, how well does fusion 360 run on your mac when 3D Modeling, i am thinking about getting a new macbook pro. 

Thanks 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

how well does this run on your mac when you are 3D Modeling, i am thinking about getting a mac. Thanks 

Message 7 of 10
anandjoshi

Hi,

Performance is a very relative and dependent on many aspects.

IMHO, Fusion runs quite well on a macbook pro.

Regards,

Anand

Message 8 of 10
O.Tan

I got the latest MBP 15" w/ 460 and Fusion runs great. As good as my Late 2013 MacPro w/ D300s.

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi

Fusion 360 runs well on mac pro, no complaints.

Guidance is not always readily available and there are minor issues like the viewport sizing, but the ADSK guys are quick to give work arounds.

Im new to mac and Im really enjoying it, need ADSK to bring their other products unto speed on mac.

But fusion no issues

Oh by the way...but the mac...

Frank

Message 10 of 10
O.Tan

I just hope Apple will come clean if they want dev to start using Metal or OpenGL cause if I recall reading, the OpenGL version shipped with MacOS is really behind. 

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report