Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the same design with different jointures

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mypub
258 Views, 3 Replies

Use the same design with different jointures

Hello,

I need to create the same design twice but with different jointure. Basically, I need to mirror my construction:

mypub_0-1674663450769.png

I already use the derive every design from a single design to share the parameters between them. I don't know if it could be possible to keep both my front and back component in synch and just change the jointures.

Regards,

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: mypub

Could you attach your model?  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
mypub
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, here are both my master file with the parameters and the construction file. 

REgard,

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: mypub

You mentioned you wanted to Mirror the assembly.  The best way to handle this is to create your mirror then select the mirror components and create a Rigid Group to take the place of the lost Joints.  If you want to place the assembly in any other manner, you could save it out as a sub-assembly and then insert it into the same or different assembly and it will maintain joints as a sub-assembly.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report