Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create complex curves

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
594 Views, 5 Replies

Trying to create complex curves

Hey guys, I'm trying to create a complex geometric shape with curves between 2 other bodies and I just can't figure out how to do it right.  If I use Loft it creates a shape that doesn't intersect properly.  I've tried patching using 3D sketches and it's worked on some surfaces but not others.  I'm hoping one of you 360 wizards have a trick up your sleeve that can help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

My stab at it, has a similar style to the guard loop.

Transferring an octogon into a pentagon can be done nicely.

why is sketch 10 not on an origin plane, made a mess of my mirror, until I fixed it.

Step up the timeline, dimension my blue articles to suit you...

wwgsno.PNG

Might help....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: davebYYPCU

That'll work.  It's not exactly like the original, but I think I was getting a bit carried away when it's only a reference for a much bigger project anyway.  Thanks Dave!

Message 4 of 6
TrippyLighting

We shall not compromise on Andúril for the dark lord still festers in the crevices of Mordor 😉

It's not easy to find good images of the original.

But here's a good source.

Can't really see the whole thing but you would have to take several screenshots and stitch them together.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hahaha found the LOTR nerd!  I bought the sword a year ago from Dark Armory and I want to do it justice so I'm building an elaborate display case.  I need to model the sword as precisely as I can because I plan to "frame" around it's edges similar to this:

File_Sep_18_7_13_59_PM_2048x2048.jpeg

That's layered sheets of laser cut plywood.  To do that I need an exact model of my sword before I can start designing the box and while the one you posted is obviously original and a brilliantly detailed picture, it's shape is slightly different than mine.

It's crazy difficult to get a decent picture of it for various reasons.  This one is better but still blurry zoomed in:

20200705_121527.jpg

Message 6 of 6
TrippyLighting

Yep! Love the movies and have read the books a number of times.

For your purposes the Sword Browny modeled @davebYYPCU should serve perfectly fine.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report