Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Pin Slot

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tedj1
388 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble with Pin Slot

Hi.  I've got a pin (a short cylinder) whose axis is parallel to the axis of motion of an axle and is rigidly attached to the axle such that the axle drives the pin around in circles.  The pin needs to move along a slot in another component so as to move the slot component in a direction perpendicular to the length of the slot.  I copied the pin to a new component, so that I could add a revolute relative to the original component the pin is rigidly attached to and a motion link such that the new pin can maintain a constant orientation as the axle rotates.  So far so good.  I start a pin-slot joint first selecting the round top surface of the new pin component and then selecting the top straight edge of the slot, but can't find a combination of Axis and Slide that even moves the pin along the slot properly.  The pin always reorients itself and changing the angle just rotates the pin on its axis a bit.

CamAndAxle.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
davebYYPCU
in reply to: tedj1

Used an As Built Joint to get this working.

Something has to be grounded, if not right change it.

Might help....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report