Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform dot image into holes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
guillaume_dete
250 Views, 7 Replies

Transform dot image into holes

guillaume_dete_0-1727843427635.png

Let’s say i have this amazing image. Id’like to transform it into tiny holes in a wood pannel . How could I manage to vary the depth of the extrusion depending on the size of the hole diameter?

thanks a lot for any precious help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi! I am not sure if Fusion has the workflow transferring an image-based texture to a face as geometry. But you may look in to "Volumetric Lattice" or "Geometric Pattern" (both are paid extensions).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! I am not sure if Fusion has the workflow transferring an image-based texture to a face as geometry. But you may look in to "Volumetric Lattice" or "Geometric Pattern" (both are paid extensions).

Many thanks!

It doesn't even have pattern tools to do this with native geometry.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: guillaume_dete

Hi,

Even if the image were vectorized, there is no way to create a diameter-dependent depth for holes.
This raises the question of whether the holes are drilled with individual tools or milled with a tool diameter that corresponds to the smallest hole diameter.

günther

Message 5 of 8

You could try Project Salvador, the AI app, for the hole pattern.   It's pretty hit or miss, but sometimes gets in the neighborhood.

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=8558451727109537930&appLang=en&os=Win64 

you could fake a diameter dependent extrusion by making a plane at an angle below the holes,  then extrude "to object", object being the plane.

Message 6 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: matthewrjacobs

Hi,

@matthewrjacobs  schrieb:

you could fake a diameter dependent extrusion by making a plane at an angle below the holes,  then extrude "to object", object being the plane.

please demonstrate the implementation of this statement

günther

Message 7 of 8

You want the larger holes to be deeper?... proportionally so?

Message 8 of 8
matthewrjacobs
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen Assuming he wants the bigger holes to extrude deeper than the smaller holes.  

matthewrjacobs_0-1727922353806.png

matthewrjacobs_1-1727922374746.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report