Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Triangles?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1845 Views, 2 Replies

Too Many Triangles?

So Im trying to edit this piston head to make it an air engine, this head only has 481 triangles and yet it I've heard people say that 10k is the limit. But it won't convert from mesh to t-spline. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Please let me know.

I've also tried lowering the count in meshmixer to around 280 triangles and it still wouldn't make the conversion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

It converted fine for me.  You have to be in Direct Modeling mode in order to convert meshes to breps.

p.s. For a simple model like this, it's better to create a new Fusion 360 model using the stl for measurements.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I'd second @etfrench's suggestion to re-design this with the native tools in Fusion 360. If you'd done that instead of messing around with trying to lower the triangle clout resulting in an even more desolate model you'd already be done and have a superior result.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report