Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetry preview axis/plane for creating symmetrical parts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1228 Views, 4 Replies

Symmetry preview axis/plane for creating symmetrical parts

Is it just me, or is it not possible in Fusion to generate a preview of the second half of a symmetric part when constructing it so you actually see what you are dong?..

I may be alone in this, but I really like to see the whole part when creating it, instead of just half of it. Does fusion let you activate a preview when creating a part via a symmetry axis and/or construction plane?...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Works for me, but only when you have completed the input selections, 

Blue is selected, grey is preview result.

MrPvw.PNG

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: davebYYPCU

My thought was if Fusion has an actual symmetry plane/axis tool or function that is put in place before sketching/bodies are constructed so as to save the need to mirror at all.

Essentially you would only draw half the sketch, but with the use of a symmetry plane/axis it creates the other half for you in real time while you are constructing it so you can see the whole design, and not just half of it. Much faster and easier whilst giving you a holistic working design view in place of a half-isitc view...

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 4 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, no confusion, you get that in the Sculpt environment, live symmetry, 

otherwise as said, make the selections then there is a preview, in modelling and sketch, before the ok.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks for that, I had no idea about that stuff. Handy but not what I was looking/hoping for. Sadly it does not really achieve what I have been describing as a symmetry axis that can drawn where required  and turned into an axis for symmetry when constructing a sketch. In the sculpt space the symmetry works on a sculpted body only via T splines.

I am looking for the same in the model space except that which affords the user to only model half their sketch while  the symmetry axis automatically mirrors/builds what you have already drawn, to both save time, and let you see the completed sketch without the need to perform a subsequent mirror function. I have used this in SpaceClaim and it is incredibly powerful and time-saving. I just can't live without it now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report