Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG scale is wrong

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
11195 Views, 21 Replies

SVG scale is wrong

I've been working in Fusion for about a year now.  Sometimes I layout my model drawing in Illustrator and then insert it in Fusion as an SVG.  I work everything in millimeters, but the trick to importing the drawing perfectly to scale from Illustrator into Fusion in millimeters is that you actually had the design it in points (not millimeters) in illustrator.  Then when you insert it into Fusion it would be the correct scale in millimeters (example: 100points in (Illustrator) SVG = 100mm in Fusion).  The drawing (or sketch) would also be in the correct location in (Top View) that corresponded with the canvas size in illustrator (meaning the upper left hand corner of the Illustrator SVG canvas was the center point in the top view of Fusion--I hope that's clear).

Well the problem is, now that you all have made some updates (I'm not exactly sure when), this trick now does not work at all.  When you import a SVG in points it comes in super small (100 x 100points is oddly 26.458 x 26.458mm).  So I tried it in millimeters and it too is incorrect (100 x 100mm square is only 75 x 75mm).  What Happened??  Why has this feature changed and now doesn't work at all?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Screencasts aren't showing up for some reason. Edited the previous post with a link. Disregard this one.

Message 22 of 22
crazylegsmurphy
in reply to: Anonymous

I just exported DFX in Illustrator using inches as the units with a scale of 1. Then, imported into Fusion 360 and changed the units to Millimetres. It seems to have scaled it correctly. Perhaps worth trying for anyone who comes across this post. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report