Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG image offset

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rickjohnston
1599 Views, 2 Replies

SVG image offset

Hi all.

Is it possible to offset an outline SVG image that created this body:

Basically tried a lot of different things to offset the extruded body 2mm to the outside or use the SVG sketch but unable to get that to offset either? What is shown is to cut the base plate "excess" to the red line around the extruded body created from SVG image. I've been looking at different videos on using SVG images but nothing has shown me what I really want.

TIA!

Rick...

CookieCutter.JPG

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Rick,

now that you have the basic profile extruded as surfaces you can offset (in the Patch Workspace) and use those two bodies as your trim tools.

If you're looking to use the svg vectors from your sketch, then edit the sketch where you placed the svg and use to sketch offset command (keyboard shortcut o) and select the edges.

hope this helps,

Jamie Gilchrist
Senior Principal Experience Designer
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Jamie.

Yes I also managed to figure this out too before I saw your video but MUCH appreciated. I think mine was working with the offset but mine seems to be an issue with the SVG file. I offset and my offset outline looks complete but it is not and does not make a profile I can then extrude?

I've gone back into Adobe Illustrator that I converted image to SVG and it looks pretty clean but lots of data points due I suppose to a lot of curves?

I'll keep trying to tweak image otherwise I hate to say it but I'll trace over it and make it a cleaner outline.

Thanks again!

Rick...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report