Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface to solid help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Fredrik.holt
365 Views, 9 Replies

surface to solid help

I want to convert these from surface to solid so that i can 3d print them, but am not able. I have tried stitch and thicken. perhaps it is possible to copy, move and somehow fill the area in between the copies into a solid? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I recommend starting from scratch creating native Fusion geometry - using these poor quality stl only for reference.

What is the source of the stl - who created the geometry?

Message 3 of 10

i just found it on the internet, converted to stl, and have then modified a little. i dont know how to make this from scratch

Message 4 of 10

converted to stl from what?

Message 5 of 10

@Fredrik.holt wrote:

... converted to stl, 

i dont know how to make this from scratch

Why did you convert to stl?

What have you modeled previously in Fusion 360 - is this your very first project?

Message 6 of 10

Rar i think

Message 7 of 10

I worked a bit with fusion 360 for university. This is a hobby project, and i have never done something similar (aestetic rather than functional modeling)

Message 8 of 10

The two mesh bodies can be converted into Solid Bodies but they do appear to have non printable areasScreen Shot 2022-10-09 at 6.05.44 am.png

Message 9 of 10

*.rar is simply a compressed file. If that is the case then you merely extracted it - no conversion from other CAD file type. 
How did you edit the geometry?

What is the geometry?

The original file before you altered it in any way would be the most useful form of the geometry to start from. 

Message 10 of 10

@Fredrik.holt wrote:

Rar i think

Think again, or better check what format was packed in the .rar file.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report