Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface patch: tool body creation failed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nathaniel.c.wettertaylor
232 Views, 3 Replies

Surface patch: tool body creation failed

Trying to patch a surface from a sketch but "ok" is grayed out and there's a "tool body creation failed" error without any explanation. I've been banging my head against this for a while now.

fusion 360 patch error.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Also I don't know why that one surface is a different color from everything else and I wonder if that might be related

Message 3 of 4

What are your aims and any particular reason you are working in the Surface environment?

Message 4 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Warmingup1953

@jeff_strater 

Never seen “Move to sketch Plane” fail, until this file.  Redefine Sketch Plane no help.

@nathaniel.c.wettertaylor , that sketch is showing the Move to sketch Plane option, So is somehow not a 2d sketch.  Divide and conquer method to find the boundary hole does not work correctly.  

ytmwDB.PNG

You have two sketch planes, one is parallel to the origin plane and one is not quite.  Moving the sketch to the origin plane does not provide the closed profile, and should.

Your patch will work when the sketch Profile is provided by Fusion, the two ways to diagnose are failing so can’t be much help.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report