Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior when using Loft in Sculting workspace - Creates multiple bodies

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mnoreke
455 Views, 2 Replies

Strange behavior when using Loft in Sculting workspace - Creates multiple bodies

Hello,

I have setup a few shapes that I am then lofting. If I loft them using the Model workspace, I get a single body created. However, if I loft in the Scult workspace I get 9 seperate bodies instead.

I am fairly new to Fusion so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this one. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sample Project Link: https://a360.co/2K4y4dm

========================
CAD Enthusiast
Former Developer
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: mnoreke

Correct! This is as designed and there is method to the madness.

When you loft in the model you obviously get a solid.

When you loft this in the patch workspace you get a surface body comprised of these different panels that iare already stitched together.

When you loft in the Sculpt workspace and the profile has sharp edges, meaning the individual sketch entities are not tangent (G1) or curvature continuous (G2) that loft will create individual sculpt panels that convert into individual surface bodies that you will have to stitch together in the patch workspace.

The other option is in the sculpt workspace to manually weld these edges/vertices together. Try it and observe the effect that has. That might then explain the reason for this.

I noticed that your T-Spline has too many segments and you are using too many profiles resulting in less than real curvature shown in the screenshot below (Inspect->Curvature comb)  As it pertains to splines and T-Splines, use as few control point and and as few edges/polygons as you can get away with. Your lofts will thank you with smooth surfaces.

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 4.36.02 PM.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
cekuhnen
in reply to: TrippyLighting

@TrippyLighting @mnoreke

All I can say is "Autsch!!!"

large.png

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report