Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STL file conversion for edition

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
emilio_vazquezc
231 Views, 5 Replies

STL file conversion for edition

I’ve been tinkering around with the mesh conversion and I’m stuck trying to have many faces in the converted file in order to edit.

a friend was able to convert in many faces and I was able to edit some items, but my friend does’t answer my inquiries (some friend).

Can U help by showing the way in order to be able to edit my stl file?

thanks in advanced. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

please share the file for reply

File > export > save as f3d on local drive > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 6

Please share the original .stl file and describe in detail what edits you want to make.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Here is the file in f3d format.

What I'm trying to do is to isolate parts of the design such as turbines and the engine nacelle in order to have specific parts of the Heli in order to be able to 3d print negative molds. These molds will in turn help me have a positive print of the heli in order to build an RC large version of the model.

Perhaps by being able to separate some parts I can go from there.

Hope you can help me out with this project.

Message 5 of 6

Hello, thank you for the reply. Here is the stl file I want to edit. I'm also enclosing an f3d format.

What I'm trying to do is to isolate parts of the design such as turbines and the engine nacelle in order to have specific parts of the Heli in order to be able to 3d print negative molds. These molds will in turn help me have a positive print of the heli in order to build an RC large version of the model.

I have more stl files that completes the entire helicopter. If you want, I can also share them in order to build the entire model.

I already merged the stl files in the mesh format, but the resulting file is way to big to share in this platform.

Perhaps by being able to separate some parts I can go from there.

Hope you can help me out with this project.

Message 6 of 6

A CAD software like Fusion is not the right software to work with this kind of triangulated and highly detailed mesh data.

Blender is likely your best option here.

Whatever software you are going to use, this isn't a Beginner project whatsoever! There are many caveats, gotchas and traps to navigate!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report