Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smoothing the arc for export

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
616 Views, 2 Replies

smoothing the arc for export

I have created a small shelf for export to DXP and to be punched out with a CNC Punch.  When it is opened in CADMan for the punch, the ARCs are not smooth and are made up of large straight segments. how would I smooth it out so that whenit is exported it opens as a smooth ARC?

I attached a file for viewing. It would not let me attach the DXF

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MRWakefield
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the problem lies with your "arc" being a conic curve rather than a circular arc. I can't find any reference to DXF supporting conic curves but DXF does support splines and polylines so it might be worth investigating these. There's an add-in for Fusion called "DXF Spline To Polyline" which might help.

I'm not sure what else you can do about this other than change the design to use a circular arc. Someone else with more knowledge in this area might be able to give you a better solution.

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MRWakefield

Thank you! I figured out the arc, and today we had a chance to check out the DXF and things are great. As a conic curve, the curve was segmented into 16 straight lines. as an arc, it was perfectly smooth!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report