Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped Manufacture Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marks3U6W9
169 Views, 2 Replies

Sloped Manufacture Problem

I'm trying to machine the part in the enclosed model and am having real problems coming up with the correct tool path to cnc the slight sloped section. I'm sure its very simple but I'm getting nowhere. I'd appreciate any help if someone has the time to look at it.

Secondly I'm hoping to flip the workpiece and machine the other side so if anyone is able to point me in the right direction for a two side manufacture setup that would be great.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: marks3U6W9

Change the stepover in the Parallel3 toolpath to a much smaller stepover.  The length of time to machine will increase with smaller stepovers, but the cusps will decrease in size.  Using a ball endmill will also make the cusps smaller.  What tooling do you have?

When flipping the piece, you'll need some sort of fixture or other method of locating the WCS.

p.s. This is assuming you don't have a way to angle the piece in a fixture or vise.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: etfrench

Perhaps a better option is to make a fixture to hold the workpiece at an angle:

Fixture.JPG

It will also be easier to create some of the toolpaths by making a copy of the body after doing Extrude2.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report