Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketching lines since the update

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
297 Views, 3 Replies

Sketching lines since the update

since the last update sketching a straight line has became a little more frustrating.

so far i have noticed that when i sketch a line, it will make a really small (almost noticeable) line at the start that i didn't intend to make, and when i make angles it will turn it into a radius without looping the courser like in auto cad.  sometimes the radius inst noticeable until you zoom in.

can the sensitivity be adjusted for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

Personally not see any difference with today's version. I have seen the problem you're talking about and it's down to a click and drag. Click and drag as the first pick with the line tool will give you the short line and click and drag after the first point will give you an arc. I have to use a thumb ball mouse and suffer with slight moves at time when I click, the problems I see are the short lines\arc and also the dimension tool will cancel. I've reported the problem a few times but there is no setting to help with this. If you're suddenly seeing a problem you might want to try another mouse or new batteries just in case it's just a coincidence there was an update.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

that might be the bingo there. it might be a result of phantom mouse clicks that just happend to start at the update.    it seems unusual though as they all are really small and usually by the nodes.  i will have to investigate that further.

Message 4 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

@HughesTooling nailed it.  It's been frustrating me for a long time as well Smiley Mad

Creating a line requires you to verify it's only a single line every time you create a new line.

@jeff_strater  What's the status on this bug?

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report