Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Error on test simulation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
621 Views, 6 Replies

Simulation Error on test simulation

Drew up a bridge for school and went to sim it, but received this error code. Any help would be appreciated.

Error: FATAL ERROR T2225: SET LIMIT EXCEEDED
Error: Solver Error
Error: An error occurred while solving the model.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcmillr
in reply to: Anonymous

This error indicates you have more than 1000 surface/surface contacts. We will be implementing a fix in the next update which will raise this limit. Meanwhile, you can either simplify your model to reduce the number of total parts/contacts, or you could also boolean/join some components where you have bonded contacts and that should allow you to get similar results without so many contacts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rob McMillan
Software Architect, Fusion Simulation
Autodesk
Message 3 of 7
MikeSmell_ADSK

Hi rileymariol, 

As Rob pointed out, this is something we are working to address in a future release. In the meantime, would you be willing to share you model with us so we can see what you are trying to accomplish? I am interested to see what you are doing that has generated this large number of contact pairs. 

Thanks, 

Mike Smell

Product Manager, Fusion 360 Simulation

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeSmell_ADSK

Attached are rendered PNGs of the model I was attempting to simulate. Thanks for the responses guys! I also have am Isometric view of it on my instagram @inhumanfabrication

Message 5 of 7
MikeSmell_ADSK

Can you share the Fusion files? 

Thanks, 

Mike Smell

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeSmell_ADSK

Here is the step file

Message 7 of 7
MikeSmell_ADSK

Hi rileymariol, 

Thanks for sending the model. This definitely helps with context and also makes it easier for me to give some guidance to get things to work. 

I would ask yourself the following questions. 

1. In the sub-assembly titled Final Bridge, each is made up of many bodies. You could consider doing a combine of this into a single body if the following conditions are true.  
    • Are all of those bodies the same material?
    • Are you planning to look at the potential separation of the mating faces between the vertical and/or diagonal members to the horizontal members or are they bonded? 
    • If they are the same material and the connections are assumed to be bonded, then a combine is a logical step to reduce the number of contact pairs.
    • The benefit of doing this is rather than have many bodies and contact pairs for each of these sub-assemblies, you could reduce this to 5 bodies, where each sub-assembly is a body and the only contact would be to the remaining parts in the assembly.
  2. Similar to point 1, if the contact condition between the instances of the component named Part8 Final Bridge Assembly is assumed to be bonded, you could similar combine these into a single length component, rather than having 4 down the length in the 4 different locations. 

By just doing step 1, I was able to run a modal frequencies analysis with an assumed material and basic boundary conditions.

I will let you make the final decision on if this approach is applicable to your simulation requirements.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

bridge model.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report