Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Table Contour Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lukemaynes
280 Views, 4 Replies

Shop Table Contour Issue

I am attempting to CAD a shop table file. I added dogbones to each individual contour, without the pieces wouldn't fit. As I tried to select the geometry, the software didn't give me the option to select the entire workpiece outline, Only small sections. Additionally, when I simulate the cuts, the contour selection seems to not cut these dogbones correctly, sometimes skipping over them or not finish the cut. 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: lukemaynes

I copied your sketch to another file and only did one section.  I would keep the contour sketch and partial hole sketch separate and then use them to create my toolpaths.  Using the sketch for the contour makes it easy to select the geometry.  The small holes would just be a drill sequence.  Model is attached.

Note: I am not sure if I added a partial hole or not so if you use my model please check.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: lukemaynes

Similar to @jhackney1972's solution.  Since the only difference in these parts seems to be the rectangular holes, only one needs to be modeled.  Use patterns in Manufacturing to create the rest:

tABLE.JPG

p.s. You could also make this easier to machine by changing the corner reliefs to the radius of the cutter.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
lukemaynes
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks again, always a lifesaver!

Message 5 of 5
lukemaynes
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report