Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal part from assembly right to flat pattern and manufacture

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
javelin_exile
542 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Metal part from assembly right to flat pattern and manufacture

Hi folks

So I have a small assembly here that is a shelf bracket made from 2 parts. I needed a handful so I was just going to plasma cut the parts out and be done quickly. But I wondered if this could be a little quicker. Normally I would save out all the parts from an assembly to go on to the Manufacture module, but can I just take my flat pattern for one single component of many and bring it to manufacture to get my cam file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You sure can.  After developing the Flat Pattern for any of your sheet metal components in the assembly. You go into the Manufacturing environment and simply select the one you want to work with.  If you have other components showing, simply turn them off.

Sheet Metal to Manufacture.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5

Wow thanks Has that been there all the way along and I just missed it or is this recently added? Is there a fully define sketch button somewhere that I missed? Heh

Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: javelin_exile

Do you mean that you would like a sketch of the flat pattern, such that you could export a .dxf file for your plasma cutter?

There isn't a button for that exactly, but it's pretty easy.

1. Make sure you have the flat pattern of the component on your screen.

2. Create a new sketch right on the desired face of it.

3. Project (keyboard shortcut is P) the face into the sketch.

4. Finish the sketch.

5. Right-click on the new sketch entry in the Browser, and from the context menu that pops up, choose Save as DXF.

Message 5 of 5
javelin_exile
in reply to: chrisplyler

oh no. I hadn't seen flat patterns available in the manufacturing module before I thought it came in on update because I was exporting all the parts to their own files then making them from there. I guess I still have to do that if I want to cut all the parts in an assembly nested in one process. But I thought I would ask if it was recent since I missed that function and thought maybe I also missed a button that would fully define a sketch automatically, while I'm in a sketch. It's a function I miss from Solidworks and haven't see it in fusion yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report