Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal - Attach body that follows fold

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ufanders
344 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet metal - Attach body that follows fold

Hi there,

I've designed a flexible PCB in the Electronics portion of F360, and imported the board into a sheet metal body for folding. My question is: Is there a way to attach bodies (electronics components in my case) to the sheet metal do when you fold it, the attached components follow the fold? Right now they stay in the same place they were.

I don't need to edit the components on the sheet metal or anything, so combining them with the sheet metal body would be fine. Is this a thing>

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: ufanders

@ufanders 

Components and Joints.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 5
ufanders

Hi CW,

Sure the PCB in question is attached! 

Message 4 of 5
ufanders
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi there,

Do you have any suggestions I can try?

Message 5 of 5
jhackney1972

Any Body joined to the sheet metal body will become sheet metal and unfold with it.  The sequence of joining or combining is the trick as the sheet metal must be the body being joined to.   I look at your model and it does not make any sense as to what you want to follow the sheet metal, the circuit board is lying on the sheet metal base body.  In the animated GIF below, the block body was Extruded using a Joint to the sheet metal body so unfolding the sheet metal carries the block body.

Sheet Metal Body.gif

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report