Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shall I buy a lot more RAM?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ash2020
4237 Views, 8 Replies

Shall I buy a lot more RAM?

I'm running Fusion on a 27" IMac 5K . Is has a 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 but at the moment I only have 8 GB RAM. Would it be a huge benefit to double or even quadruple the RAM? Bearing in mind that it costs quite a lot!

Cheers

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
aaronkcap
in reply to: ash2020

From my experience not very unless you are working on models that have well over 500 parts then you should be fine

Message 3 of 9
ash2020
in reply to: aaronkcap

Thanks, I was hoping that would be the answer 🙂 I will get more as I can afford it.

Andrew

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hello!

Are you experiencing issues with your current specs on Fusion 360 Software? Sounds like a really nice machine and it should work flawlessly as long as there are not a lot of parts in your project (Simple project).

Message 5 of 9
ash2020
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there.

I do seem to have fairly frequent crashes. I just tried the Fusion logo tutorial and it crashed several times, especially when creasing. The display is totally gorgeous though!

Message 6 of 9
aaronkcap

Have you submitted the crash log to autodesk; they have been super helpful with things like that for me. I have a mac with an i7 and 16gigs of ram from mid 2013 where I was running into the same issue and it turns out that there was a setting that needed to be changed. I wish I still had the email or I would tell you what it said. 

Best,

Aaron

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hey there @ash2020

Have you tried the limit effects options under help menu > graphics diagnostics? Here's a screenshot of my software so you can check out if you got it ticked. It works wonders

Limit effects.jpg

Although I would not recommend it, you could turn off the History of parts too. Maybe just making them not visible while you're not using them.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 9
ash2020
in reply to: aaronkcap

Thanks Aaron, I'll definitely do that.

Andrew

Message 9 of 9
ash2020
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there @ash2020

Have you tried the limit effects options under help menu > graphics diagnostics? Here's a screenshot of my software so you can check out if you got it ticked. It works wonders

Limit effects.jpg

Although I would not recommend it, you could turn off the History of parts too. Maybe just making them not visible while you're not using them.

Hope this helps!

I didn't realise you could do that. Thanks. I will try it and see if it speeds things up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report