Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Joint Type Will Result In Conflict Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3315 Views, 2 Replies

Selected Joint Type Will Result In Conflict Issue

Hello,

I am new to Fusion 360 and have an issue I cannot solve. I am doing a drawing of a TV Tray Table and when adding the joints for the legs I get an error on the last joint that I am trying to draw telling me the joint will result in a conflict. I am unsure what could be wrong and also unsure how to diagnose the problem. Could someone take a look at my drawing and let me know where I have gone wrong? Also, if you could explain how you figured out what the problem is I would greatly appreciate it. 

I am assuming it is something small that I am just missing. Drives me crazy when I cannot figure it out. 

Here is the link to my file: https://a360.co/2Qz27dR 

-Frank

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, no one picked up this one, so I gave it a shot...  This model is deceptively complex.  I was able to add all the joints, without getting a conflict, but I used a slightly different joint scheme than you did.  See the screencast below.  I can get most of the motion that you are after with this scheme, and no conflicts.  My model is attached.  Hopefully this clears things up a little bit.

screencast:  

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to thank you for working on my issue. 

After playing around with my drawing I was finally able to make it work. I don't know why, but when I changed the order that I was adding the joints to the drawing the error went away. Not sure why that would make a difference.

Thanks again for your time.

-Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report