Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section analysis by component

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
odolyte
2287 Views, 11 Replies

Section analysis by component

Hi,

Right now, if i want a section analysis it will cut through my entire model like this :

section_analysis.jpg

But i would like to be able to add a section analysis for a component only in order to achieve this :

section_analysis.jpg

here, only the shell is splitted but everything else is intact.

It is very usefull when you want to see how things are working inside a mechanism without having only half the model.

We also need to have section analysis by component in animation mode and render mode.

Moebius Factory
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jeff_strater
in reply to: odolyte

I can see where that would be useful, but unfortunately, that is not possible today.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 12
janus2

Hello!

You can split the shell and make one half invisible.

For the presentation only, of course. Then you can undo or delete the operation.

Jan

Message 4 of 12
Max_Marz

I'd really appreciate being able to do this, I have a model of a shipping container and I would like to be able to design stuff inside the container by splitting it but in order to do that I'd have to split quite a few bodies that intersect the plane adding a bunch of complexity to the assembly and its really hard to visualize and move stuff around when using a section analysis that splits everything in the entire file you are working on. 

was really surprised to find out that the "analysis" container didn't appear directly in the component I had active.

Message 5 of 12
andrew.smithPWL2Q

I, too, would love it if the Analysis container would be situated in the active component... Slicing multiple components, hiding the halves, and then undoing everything is way to cumbersome.

Message 6 of 12
rcflyr

Adding another vote for this.  I doubt it's used often, but I just had a use case and was bummed to find this thread.

Message 7 of 12
scott.horton7KAQV

+1, needed this tonight.

Message 8 of 12

If you link files into an assembly you have much more control on items inside a container.

Still a work around but doesn't complicate the timeline of the assembly.

Message 9 of 12

+1 vote for having this functionality.

Message 10 of 12
info

+1 for me too

The Section Analysis should be nestable on a component level and even have selection checkmarks to select which bodies it affects within the component

Message 11 of 12
tonyXTMAY

+1, need this on component level, would be very useful

Message 12 of 12
linrya26

+1, very useful for animations and presentations!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report